Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Christmas Abbott -Crossfitter, Entrepreneur, Aurthor

Today we spoke with one of the most influential athletes out there today, Christmas Abbott.  First off, buy her books, they’re amazing,  The advice and motivation she offers are some of the best around.  In addition check out her online programs at www.christmasabbott.com  One of the most impressive things about Christmas is that she seems to never stop working or even slows down.  Gym Owner, Crossfit Games Athlete, NASCAR Pit Crew, Big Brother, Author, Public Speaker, she seems to do it all and excel at everything due to her amazing work ethic.

We are very excited for this interview as Christmas is an athlete we have followed closely over the years and her books have been sitting on the shelves of our clubs since their release and referenced often.  Again, buy the books, the results are unmatched by any other program.



1. How did you get started in your field?
Answer: I started working out and training after coming home from Iraq and discoveringCrossFit”. Once I was home, some girls at the bar I was working at at the time asked me what I was doing to stay in shape…this spawned my grassroots” bootcamp. I decided to host a workout in the park for anyone who wanted to come and start building lean muscle. It started small but continued to grow and grow. I poured my whole heart into these ladies. They became dedicated and wanted more and more of my one-on-one coaching. So, I saved all my money raised from the bootcamp and one year later I opened CrossFit Invoke (my gym!). That same year was also my first year competing in the CrossFit Games.

2. What was the biggest struggle in your career? 
Answer: Pulling the trigger on actually doing it. I know that may seem trivial, but taking the leap of faith and believing in myself at the very beginning was the hardest part. I felt in over my head and I felt that failure was certain. I worked hard every day to ensure that it wasn’t going to happen, but it was a struggle nonetheless. 

3. What is your current goal? 
Answer: Right now i’m focusing on being as completely healthy as possible. 2017 was a rough year for me so staying the course and taking care of my body, spirit and mind, is my main priority. Fortunately,  I have a lot of major opportunities to focus on this year, building my current brands including: my workout programs (BBX),  my supplement line(BOURN Relentless), and soon launching CAN, my online nutrition education platform. You can sign up for my newsletter if you want the latest details! Check out www.christmasabbott.com 

4. What advice would you give a young athlete? 
Answer: Be technical, do the work, and don’t take your gift for granted. Recovery is equally as important as training - I wish someone would have told me this earlier! You won’t always be better than yesterday and that is okay. Small improvements every day add up to a lifetime of successes. 

5. Where do you rank nutrition in terms of success?
Answer: Nutrition is imperative to a healthy body, mind, and spirit. You can work your ass off in the gym and never reach your true potential if you don’t get your nutrition in check. The saying is REAL - You can’t out-train a shitty diet.”  


BUY THE BOOK: 




No comments:

Post a Comment