Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Rehab in 5 4 3 2 1

 How to recover faster with our top 5 methods

 

The fastest way for any athlete to achieve their goals is to simply AVOID INJURY.  At a certain point in any athlete’s career things will tear, break, sprain, and be pulled apart but the more you do to prevent this while speeding up recovery the less time you will be sidelined and missing out.  Below are 5 key methods I use weekly to keep everything moving.

 

Ice Compression

Anytime I go into any form of over-the-top arm training (not curls but heavy holds, farmers, grip work) I tend to notice some forearm and elbow issues.  The tight FROZEN sleeve really does the trick.  Just keep it in the freezer then slide it on and watch TV.  Any type of recovery gear that I can wear while moving around is ideal.  Previously, I posted about my wireless heated back massager, the luxury of rehabbing without falling behind in work is crucial and just like the back brace this sleeve is perfect for anyone who doesn’t want to lose hours a week of icing.

Check it out here:

 

Ice Ball

I love this product simply because I can sit on the couch doing NOTHING while fixing whatever mess I did to myself over the week.  Being able to add pressure while cooling the muscles is really productive but my favorite feature is that there is no mess.  I don’t have ice melting over my clothes and couch and this thing stays cold for a very long time.

 

Check it out here:

Heat Pad

I recommend getting a BIG one.  You don’t know when your full back will be cramping up or if you will someday need to wrap this around your feel quad.  Finding one that is an even mix of HOT and LARGE will be your best bet. 

 

Check it out here:

Roller

The 2 I suggest are 1: Large rollers so you can bend your back over and around and 2: Rumble Rollers so you can dig into the exact spot causing you pain.  I’ve even gone as far as to put a 50lb kettlebell on your chest to really add some additional weight and hit the tight/sore spot perfectly. 

Check them out here:

 

Plantar Fasciitis Socks

These were a lifesaver for me back when I was working 7 days a week and was waking up at 5am with so much pain that I couldn’t get out of bed.  For months I kept a few rolls of tape in my nightstand before discovery these socks.  Each morning it was like standing on broken glass due to the pain of the heels.  After switching over to these socks I quickly found myself jumping out of bed like nothing was wrong.  Since then I have been able to control my schedule a little bit better but during the first 2-3yrs of owning the club I was in complete overdrive mode and body parts were rapidly falling apart.

Check it out here:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment