Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Five Products to reduce pain and avoid injury

 

5 Pain Relief Products

 

Stop relying on your athletic trainers to fix every tiny little problem.  While you’re at it, stop confusing “injury” with SORENESS.  If you are training hard 5-6 days a week you will be sore and in pain.  Below you will find the 5 products I use/recommend weekly.  It’s time to start taking your recovery seriously and stop blaming Squats and the long line at the trainer’s room for all of your problems.  Every product featured below will drastically change the way your body is feeling in 1-5 days and except for 2 of the products they are all VERY cheap.

 

Plantar Fasciitis Socks

For the first few years of owning/ running the club I was on a 6-7day work week mixed with early morning, afternoon, and late night sessions.  It didn’t take long before my feet fell apart.  By my third year I began our yearly summer camp by taping my feet each morning before getting out of bed.  I was 31 years old and couldn’t stand on my own feet due to the hours of endless training.  This product saved me.  Had it not been for these socks I probably would have left the fitness industry by 2016. 

 

Ever since I condensed my hours to M-F along with a better diet and fitness routine I haven’t had to wear these but I still find myself suggesting these to people once a month.


 

Elbow Sleeve

If you are benching heavy, often, or both you need a good pair of these.  With all the pressing that goes along with Chest days and shoulder days mixed with the wear and tear of arm days and deadlift days I found my joint needing some extra support and started looking around for a fix. 

 

I would say all athletes should have these in the gym bag.  Maybe not wear them everyday but let’s say you practice 2hrs a day 5 days a week then add in 6hrs of weights a week.  Something will eventually give and/or break.  Two main sports that would benefit from using these are Football and Track and Field Throwers.  Nothing will slow down your gains than being sidelined due to injury.  You can quickly prevent this buy adding in a good pair of sleeves.

 

Added bonus, I feel these train the athlete to lock in form and learn to generate speed much better.

 

Bowtie

LIFE SAVER!  Stand sideways in-front of a mirror, are your shoulders naturally dropping forward?  If so, BUY THIS NOW!  Do you get tension headaches from trap and neck pain?  BUY IT!  Spend your day at a desk or standing and looking down.  Just 10minutes a day will change everything.  Prior to buying this I found myself missing work due to migraines and skipping lifts due to absolute pain.  Going back to what I mentioned in #1, I was working too much when I began my company and really messed up a lot of my body doing so.  The Bow tie played a major key role in getting myself back to a functional state.

 

Hyperice Venom Back

Can you name one athlete who never had lower back pain?  Squats, deadlifts, cleans, jumps, sprints, every single movement an athlete will do in 1 single day is causing tears and strains in the lower back.  #1 cause of lower back pain?  SITTING IN CLASS!  While this device is the most expensive on the list it will become the most used and beneficial item.  I have had mine since 2016 and it still works amazingly well.  The fact that I can wear this item while coaching, getting things done around the house, or just watching tv was a major selling point for me.  I own a lot of Hyperice products but this one has been my #1 go to product.

 

 

Car Buffer

This one shocks people the most, usually they think I’m joking/pranking them but if you are an athlete do yourself a massive favor and buy this ASAP.  It is the cheapest product on the list but the results will blow your mind.  Turn it on and jam it into the area that hurts for maybe 15-20 seconds and you’re good to go.  You honestly will not regret this purchase and will most likely use it every single day.

 

Disclaimer:  If you have long hair make sure to tie it back before using this, it can/will catch your hair and wind itself up.  While we haven’t had to hack anyone’s hair off yet it isn’t worth getting your head shaved over. 

 

There you go, 5 solid products to speed up recovery, avoid injury, and keep the gains coming.  Feel free to email us at team@oharafitness.net for any questions concerning these products.






No comments:

Post a Comment