Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Polish OLYMPIAN Danuta Cieslak

As we prepare to begin our Spring Track season we have been fortunate enough to speak with many Olympic and Professional Athletes over the past week.  Today we bring you our interview with Polish Olympic Runner, Danuta Cieslak, who competes in the 800m and 1500m events.  Her answer to question 4 is perfect and should be something our young athletes take in.  And as you’ll notice with these postings, all of the athletes we speak with have a strong understanding of how important nutrition is.  If you wish to perform at the level of athletes such as Danuta this is not an area to neglect.

Thanks a lot Danuta, and good luck this season , especially at the European Championship this year!

1. How did you get started in your Sport?
In the second grade junior high school, my teacher encouraged me to train my middle classes. He saw talent in me and directed me to the trainer.

2. What was a major struggle for your training and/or success?
Definitely doing heavy training and regeneration

3.What is your current goal?
My mini goal for this year is the Finals of the European Championships in Berlin at 1500m

4. What advice would you give a young athlete?
That he never stops believing in himself, even if something goes wrong. If he does what he loves, he can work hard and believes in his ability, he will achieve what he wants.

5. How big of a role is nutrition when it comes to your training?
A very important role. Above all for energy reasons. My nutrition must be thought out to give me the right amount of energy to do my training and regeneration. Often we train on the border of endurance of the body,


No comments:

Post a Comment